Confirmation: Thank you for registering for Convention 2019!
Please mail your check for $60.00 per individual made payable to “LWV Kansas” to the LWV of Kansas treasurer:
12408 W. 126th St,
Overland Park, KS 66213
Convention 2019: April 27, 2019
Bluemont Hotel in Manhattan, Kansas
This year marks the 99th birthday of the League of Women Voters! What better way to celebrate than learning about all the great things going on in our state right now? We’ve come a long way!
This link will take you to a Google folder where you can access .pdf versions of these documents:
- Proposed Bylaws changes: Model Language for 501(c)(3)
- Proposed Bylaws change: At-Large member membership renewal
- Proposed Position Statement Update: Meeting Basic Human Needs
- Proposed Position Update Study for 2019-2020: Medical Indigence
- Nominating Committee Report
- Proposed Budget 2019-2020
- Budget Narrative
Amendments, any new proposal, resolutions, and direction to the Board, shall be presented in written form. These may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org at any time from now to the Convention. These may also be presented in written form during the Convention, but early submittal is requested.
Business of Convention
LWVK bylaws Article VII defines the composition and business of the convention. Our bylaws direct us to conduct the following:
- Elect state LWV officers, directors, and three members of the nominating committee for the 2019-2021 biennium
- Adopt a state LWV budget for the 2019-2020 fiscal year
- Adopt program for 2019-2021
- Adopt amendments to the bylaws as needed