The purpose of the LWVK Convention is to inspire and empower Kansans to increase their active and informed participation in civic life.
99 Years and Counting…
April 27, 2019
Bluemont Hotel in Manhattan, Kansas
This year marks the 99th birthday of the League of Women Voters! What better way to celebrate than learning about all the great things going on in our state right now? We’ve come a long way!
Early-bird registration is $60.00 before April 20. Registration is $65.00 after that date.
Confirmed speakers: Melissa Rooker, Executive Director of the Kansas Children’s Cabinet and Trust Fund; Julie Hussey, Chair of the LWVUS Centennial Committee, will speak about national’s Centennial plans; and Patricia Michaelis, President of the Shawnee County Historical Society, will give us a riveting presentation about women’s suffrage – preparing us for the Centennial.
Register for Convention 2019 today!
Please register online even if you plan to send payment by mail.
Discounted room rate expired on 3/26. You can still reserve a room at the regular rate.
Reserve your room(s):
- By phone at 785-473-7091
- Online at www.bluemonthotel.com
Agenda (subject to change)
(Speaker details will be announced in the near future.)
|8:30 a.m.||Registration and Continental Breakfast|
|9:30 a.m.||Opening, Welcome, Introductions|
|Centennial Committee Update|
This link will take you to a Google folder where you can access .pdf versions of these documents:
- Proposed Bylaws changes: Model Language for 501(c)(3)
- Proposed Bylaws change: At-Large member membership renewal
- Proposed Position Statement Update: Meeting Basic Human Needs
- Proposed Position Update Study for 2019-2020: Medical Indigence
- Nominating Committee Report
- Proposed Budget 2019-2020
- Budget Narrative
Amendments, any new proposal, resolutions, and direction to the Board, shall be presented in written form. These may be sent to email@example.com at any time from now to the Convention. These may also be presented in written form during the Convention, but early submittal is requested.
Business of Convention
LWVK bylaws Article VII defines the composition and business of the convention. Our bylaws direct us to conduct the following:
- Elect state LWV officers, directors, and three members of the nominating committee for the 2019-2021 biennium
- Adopt a state LWV budget for the 2019-2020 fiscal year
- Adopt program for 2019-2021
- Adopt amendments to the bylaws as needed