Saturday, April 28
9:00 a.m.-4:15 p.m.
Hosted by the League of Women Voters of Great Bend
Great Bend Church of Christ
1122 Stone Street
Great Bend, KS 67530
- Focus on water:
Featured speaker Tracy Streeter, director, Kansas Water Office
Adoption of LWVK’s new position on water
- Planning our party: An update on plans for our 100 year celebration
- Future leaders: election of new state board of directors and officers
- Legislation and election year updates
- Merchandise: League t-shirts, wooden spoons, yard signs, and more
9:00 a.m. Registration and Continental Breakfast
9:30 a.m. Opening Business Session
10:30 a.m. Break
10:45 a.m. Call to Order (nominations)
11:00 a.m. “Implementing the Kansas Water Vision & The Kansas Water Authority’s Annual Report to the Governor and Legislature” by Tracy Streeter, director, Kansas Water Office
12:00 p.m. Lunch & Local League Highlights
1:00 p.m. 100 Year Celebration
1:15 p.m. Kansas Election Year Issues & Legislative Report
1:50 p.m. LWVUS Convention
2:00 p.m. Break
2:15 p.m. Final Business Session
3:15 p.m. Break Out Sessions
4:15 p.m. Adjournment
The Angus Inn, 2920 10th Street, Great Bend, KS, 620-792-3541.
Here are your driving directions.
- A block of rooms is being held until April 13 and can only be reserved by phone (not online).
- Mention the League of Women Voters to receive the discounted rate.
Exterior room: 1 king or 2 doubles $75.95 + tax per night
Larger interior room: 1 king or 2 doubles $80.95 + tax per night
- These prices are available for both Friday and Saturday nights.
Follow the LWV Kansas Facebook event page where you can ask questions or connect with other attendees.
Additional adventures around Great Bend:
- Cheyenne Bottoms – just 5 miles away
- Quivira National Wildlife Refuge –all levels of hiking trails, 7-mi biking trail
- Fort Hayes State’s Kansas Wetlands Education Center
- Stone Lake, Veteran’s Lake, Arkansas River
- Wetlands & Wildlife National Scenic Byway – 77 mile byway connecting Cheyenne Bottoms and Quivira National wildlife Refuge. On the ride, you’ll see thousands of shorebirds in flight. Plan your trip.