The League contacts all members across the state once a year, asking for all to join the journey of increasing civic participation, registered voters, and turnout at the polls. As 2019 comes to an end, LWVK asks for your financial contribution to support the great work and keep it going into the next 100 years! Read the full letter here. And then donate here. Thank you for your support!
Are you sure you’re registered to vote?
Check your registration status at ksvotes.org. You can also register to vote or update your registration at the same website.
Voting information can be found on the LWVK Voting in Kansas page.
Need more information about how to register to vote? Go to the Registering to Vote page for complete details and FAQs. LWVK’s current recommendation regarding proof of citizenship documents is listed there, as well as on the right-hand side of this page.
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion Policy
The Board of the League of Women Voters of Kansas adopted the following policy at its meeting on February 9, 2019:
LWVK is an organization fully committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion in principle and in practice. Diversity, equity, and inclusion are central to the organization’s current and future success in engaging all individuals, households, communities, and policy makers in creating a more perfect democracy.
There shall be no barriers to full participation in this organization on the basis of gender, gender identity, ethnicity, race, native or indigenous origin, age, generation, sexual orientation, culture, religion, belief system, marital status, parental status, socioeconomic status, language, accent, ability status, mental health, educational level or background, geography, nationality, work style, work experience, job role function, thinking style, personality type, physical appearance, political perspective or affiliation and/or any other characteristic that can be identified as recognizing or illustrating diversity.
The LWVK affirms its commitment to reflecting the diversity of the state in its board, staff, and programs.
“The League of Women Voters of Kansas believes that transparency in the Kansas legislative processes is a fundamental right of the citizens of Kansas.
To achieve transparency the League believes the following changes must be made in the rules of the Kansas legislature..” Keep Reading
The LWVK Board approved the Statement on Legislative Transparency on June 2, 2018.
Kansas Coalition for Citizen Participation
The Kansas Coalition for Citizen Participation is mobilizing support for policies that will improve the administration of elections in Kansas, protect democracy, enhance civic health, and dramatically increase the number of citizens who participate in elections and in their communities.
As a founding member of the Kansas Coalition for Citizen Participation, LWVK promotes and publicizes their events and training opportunities among its members and encourages everyone to learn more.
About LWV Kansas
- The League of Women Voters of Kansas is a grassroots, volunteer, political organization with nine local Leagues across the state. For nearly 100 years, LWVK has encouraged the informed and active participation of citizens in government and has influenced public policy through education and advocacy. The League never endorses candidates or political parties.
- You can make a difference! Now is the time to join a local League of Women Voters and start making a difference in your community. League membership is open to all women and men 16 years of age.
What does the League do?
- We educate citizens about issues, legislation and candidates.
- We encourage individual participation in the political process.
- We inform through in-depth, objective study.
- We monitor local, state and national government bodies and activities.
- We register voters.
- We sponsor candidate debates and public issue forums.