League of Women Voters of Kansas Council 2020
Saturday, May 9, 2020
9:30 am – 12:30 pm (The meeting may not take this long.)
All members are invited to join in the meeting.
Due to COVID-19, 2020 Council will be held virtually via Zoom web video conference (https://zoom.us/ to learn more about Zoom), with phone-only access available. More specific details to come via email to all registered participants.
Voting Members for Council:
Our Bylaws: The Council shall be composed of three delegates from each local League, one of whom preferably shall be the president; one delegate from the members-at-large in attendance at Council; and the members of the Board of Directors of the LWVK.
Local Leagues and At-Large members should select their voting delegates and send those names, emails and phone #s to: email@example.com
Consideration and Adoption of:
- Proposed 2020-21 Budget
- Medical Indigence Position Statement Update
- Possible new update to a Position Statement: Criminal Justice
- Articles of Incorporation update (and hear about the 501(c)(3) conversion process)
- Raising Per Member Payment (PMP) by $2 for members, $1 for household member starting April 2021
- State Board and Nominating Committee Report: Nominations needed for LWVK Development/Fundraising, Nominating Committee member and Chair
Brief Updates on:
- Centennial Traveling Exhibit, March to the Polls, State Fair booth
- People Powered Fair Maps Campaign (PPFM)
Following normal procedure, we will introduce all topics to be voted on, then have the updates, followed by discussion and voting on each topic.